Tuesday, October 04, 2005

4th October

Funny sort of time at the moment. the weekend was spent browsing the UV site and contacting people. Using skype setting up a contact list and updating it. I will not spend every day doing so as the list will establish it self as people drop out more seem to be added all the time. I also spent a lot of time doing house work to convince myself I can do both course and home. I need to get into a pattern of study but I think this is early days for me here as well as the family. Monday college was a bit of a washout as module assignment was not available immediately. I google searched and found the module details for cohort2. I felt I needed to look at my job description and organisational structure at school. For this I also needed the schoolsurvival guide with lists of roles and names.

I went in to school always a risk as I'll be nabbed for work. I DO NOT HAVE A JOB DESCRIPTION!!!! Isn't that appalling. I haven't been given a copy of my PMR performance management review and so personal targets. There are no published org. charts and so I spent time drawing rough sketches. I spoke to the head and a couple of deputies their very happy to help but I think it will be led by me. I suppose it is my assessment of the organisation more than the true accuracy that is important.

Today was spent preparing for tomorrows taster day for y6 and the parents eve. I taught part of a sci lesson on how to draw pie charts. Helped a y12 doing some of the same. Tutored in the morning one pupil was missing but the other pupils had seen him on the bus. I saw the year head AC as I was concerned obviously (y7) checked later in the day to hear he had come in and felt ill and mum came and collected him. A bit of crowd controlin a sci leson when cover turned up late.

TA trg after school was on tabs and indents structuring text on the page. I broached the subject of videoing one of the lessons with them. They said they'd have to have notice to get their hair done but were happy to give it a go. I've also decided to photo a day in the life of me aswell poss for la4. Prob not audio as lots of likely lads. Will talk to (media teacher about video equipment. This could be a learning activity???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home