Thursday, September 29, 2005

29th September

The week is developing into a bit of a humdinger. I work in the ICT department in a medium sized secondary school. I'm the primary point of interface between the pupils and staff and the technology. My day is very varied and can be rather difficult as were under resourced, like many schools. Well the first day back to school, the main server we were running decided to up and die on us. I and my team of one have been re-creating the accounts/ passwords/permissions/folder etc for about 800 users. What with; a whole new year group joining, one leaving, some returning in sixth form and of course the teacher and staff changes it's been very difficult. That doesn't even account for all the pc's in the school needing to be re-configured by my boss who is trying to cope with all this workload whilst I think he should be home as he isn't 100%. On Tuesday this week the internet started to mess around and now we've some how managed, even with virus software in place pick up a virus on our admin system. That list of technical problems doesn't even include all the day to day stuff with pupils and staff. For the first time in a long time I've had to say to people no. That might sound strange but I've always managed so far to squeeze in most requests in this job but the straw is more than breaking the back at the moment and I don't like turning people away So what did I decide to do but start a degree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home