Monday, September 18, 2006

Year 2


Well I've had a fantastic holiday in Tuscany around the Pisa area but it's time for a new year to start in UV land. Started out reading the requirements, already panicking think about the need to find critical incidents. The silly thing about this is they should be happening not being created. This started me thinking about what essentially is a critical incident. I know how they are defined by the likes of Tripp but it is surely down to the type of person and there capabilities in handling events in their lives. On top of this skill is the ability to reflect upon incidents in their day. I am more open to the need to reflect and the benefits of doing so. I still have difficulty thinking about incidents as critical. I usually just deal with and handle my daily requirements. I'm now finding myself thinking can I use this as a critical incident rather than thinking well I need to think further about what is or has just happened. It does seem false. Is this because I am unskilled in CI and reflection or am I so in tune with my job and skilled in naturally adapting and changing my performance that using separate reflection is unnecessary?

I will start my research into double looping and see if this will help with this self analysis.

To sum up are some people naturally reflective and therefore good at seeing opportunities for critical incidents? OR is an acquired skill which at first is prescriptive and will develop with practice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home